Good morning my friends and faithful followers.
Before we get down to business, I wanted to let you know that Miss Sylvia is doing Great!!! She went to her follow up appointment yesterday, and the doctor said that she is doing fabulous. She is cleared to drive and work. My niece Daphne will be staying with her for a while, so she will have help around the house. Yay!
If you’ve been following along, and I know you have, you’ll remember that I have had a problem of being really lazy when I’m home. When I’m away visiting family, or in a show, I’m super motivated to conquer the world. When I’m home, I sit in my chair and drink coffee. It’s my “Real Life” mindset. To me the reality of cooking, cleaning, errands, day jobbing, and whatnot is very boring. So, I put it off, and off, and off…….. This leads to everything piling up and nothing getting done, because I am too overwhelmed to do anything.
This morning I decided not to fall into that trap again.
On July 28th I leave for another five weeks. I don’t want to leave a messy house, because my sister and her husband will be with us for a bit as they get settled into NYC. I also don’t want to try to clean the entirety of the apartment in one day. That’s how I usually do it. It never goes well.
This morning was dedicated to the bathroom. I cleaned the toilet and sink. I also scrubbed the bathtub to within an inch of its life! We’ve been having some plumbing issues in our 90+ year old building, so the tub needed some TLC.
Tuesday, which is my day off, will be dedicated to the living room. Dust is insidious in the NYC, and when you’re not a avid cleaner, well, let’s say the bunnies are running wild. But I can do this! I’m going to channel my inner Domestic Goddess, otherwise know as Diana Wilde, and get this S#!T done! AMEN!
Today, I’m going to Roller Skate!
Here’s the Plan for today:
- Clean the bathroom. Done.
- French. Done.
- Breakfast and coffee. I got my delicious coffee from Puerto Rico Import Company! Done.
- Staples, to pick up my newly bound copy of Elijah.
- Off to the American Museum of Natural History for a Murder Mystery Hunt! I love this one. I play an archaeologist named Robin Blind. It’s all about the puns!
- Off to Brooklyn for the 40th Wiggin’ Out Roller Disco Party of the lovely and talented Leah Gerstel! Between this and the Pride parade tomorrow, there will be some fun photos for tomorrow’s post!
- Home! Hopefully at a semi-decent hour. I have to deliver food tomorrow!
That’s all for today. Until tomorrow my friends, thanks for reading, be well, and remember to Live Your Dream!